Vanessa, keeper of the wonderfully inventive veggie recipe vault Vanesscipes, gamely tagged me in blog tag: the Five Things You Didn’t Know About Me series. As if I didn’t already share too many stupid facts about myself on this site, allow me to dispel a number of things that you may or may not (want to) know about me, your not-so-humble blog writer person.
1. My co-workers have guesstimated that I’m eating for “about 75% of the day.” Hey, it beats working.
2. I am a native New Yorker. But if I seem a little soft at times it’s because my parents decided to move to suburban NJ when I was about 2. But I could sport this fact in a tattoo or a t-shirt and growl at yuppies on the train if I wanted to, right? (Great, now I’m going to get beaten up.) Seriously though, I don’t swear by Dunkin’ Donuts coffee like many of my native New York peers do, nor eat bialys (too salty) or muffins sliced in half and pressed down on a grill with butter.
3. The longest I’ve lived in the same home/apartment for the past 7 years has been one year. (Trying to break that nasty habit…)
4. I was in a short-lived punk rock band called The Hormones during college. I played the moog, korg and electric keys. We burned out before we could even put together a set, we were so rock and roll. (Fights, that sort of thing… actually we just kind of sucked. Unlike Kim here.)
5. I don’t like drinking ice cold water. In fact water needs to be at least room temperature or warmer before I drink it. This could either be a really pointless fact to waste words and your time on, or you might find it outrageous as many others who discovered this have.
If you’re one of the people on this list, then you’ve been tagged! (Ha, I just got it–“tagged.”)
Yvo of the aptly named Feisty Foodie
Ganda, the superhero musician/food writer of Eat Drink One Woman
Aoife of the mouthwatering site that is Yumbrosia
Deb, whose kitchen I’m equally smitten by at Smitten Kitchen
Now get thee four to the bloggery!